Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"So long as my head is covered, I can say anything I want, do anything I wish, and will not be afraid.". A Posting By My Sister in Islam.

MORE....

"So long as my head is covered, I can say anything I want, do anything I wish, and will not be afraid."
Bismillah al-rahman al-rahim....

Hijab wasn't always easy for me. It started out as a way to get attention in 1999 and became a fashion statement of colorful Turkish silk. Some of you may wonder how I could go on to wear niqaab knowing this. Well I took on niqaab purely to spite husband. I figured that all-black with gloves up to my elbows, an abaya, face-veil, and mini-terrorist sunglasses would be the best way to ruin husband's green card dreams. Coupled with the fact that Belal worked across from the airport with a bunch of Arabs, it seemed to be a win-win situation. Sure enough the FBI came calling.

No comments: